1) What is the relationship between different forms of energy?
b. Relating Cause and Effect: When you turn on a toaster, what happens to the electrical energy?
c. Sequencing: Describe the energy transformations that happen when you strike a match. List them in the order in which they occur.
2) Identifying: What common energy transformation allows you to send a rubber band flying across the room?
b. Describing: Describe the energy transformations that occur when you bounce a ball.
c. Interpreting diagrams: Describe the energy transformations that occur in the pendulum. (The pendulum on my desk.. the object with the 5 metal balls hanging from their own string.)
3) Summarizing: State the law of conservation of energy in your own words.
b. Explaining: Thermal energy is produced when a firefighter slides down a pole. Where does it come from?
c. Making Generalizations: Based on the theory relativity, what must always be conserved?
1) A bowling ball and a ping pong ball are rolled down a hallway at identical velocities. Which one has the greater kinetic energy (KE)
Tuesday Nov 29th 2016
1) What is kinetic energy? What is potential energy?
2) What factors affect an objects kinetic energy?
3) At a given height above Earth, how would you determine the potential energy of a sky diver? The energy of a sky diver?
4) What is mechanical energy?
Monday Nov 28th, 2016
1) What is energy?
2) How are energy, work and power related?
3) If a handsaw does the same amount of work on a log as chainsaw does, which has a greater power? Why?
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.