In order for work to be done on an object, what must happen to the object?
The force exerted on the object must cause it to move a dstance
In which of the following situations is work being done: rolling a bowling ball, pushing on a tree for ten minutes, kicking a football?
rolling a bowling ball. and kicking a football
How can you determine the amount of work done on an object?
A spring scale
Problem Solving: Is more work done when a force of 2N moves an object 3 m or when a force of 3N moves an object 2 m? Explain.
More work is done when an object moves 2 m with the force of 3N
1.) In order for work to be done on an object, the force will need to change it's direction.
2.) Work can be done by rolling a bowling ball and kicking a football
3.) You can determine the amount of work done on an object by multiplying the force and distance.
4.) Both amount of work is the same because 3 times 2 is the same as 2 times 3, so the two possibilities above yield the same results.
Work= Force times Distance
1) The force should change its direction
2) rolling a bowling ball and kicking a football
3) multiply force times distance
4) you are using more work 2m on a object while the force is 3N
1) The object must change its direction
2) Rolling a Bowling ball and Kicking a football
3) Force X Distance = Work
4) More work is done when 2N pushes something 3M
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.